Wednesday, March 4, 2009

PLEASE PRAY!!

If we come to your mind in the next few days, please pray for wisdom for us. We're not sure if we are going to continue to pursue this adoption. Things in Zambia do not look as good as they did when we started this venture. Even if we were to get a referral today, I would probably have to live in Zambia for 3-4 months. That's just not possible for us financially or pragmatically. The thought of not adopting breaks my heart. This has been my dream for 32+ years.

We need a miracle and need it real soon! Thanks for standing with us in this journey.

Blessings,
Carolyn

1 comment:

Rachel Snyder said...

Thanks for the update. I had a thought as I read your post, and I'd like to share it with you for what it's worth. I'm not trying to in any way minimize either the stress of the uncertainty of the situation or the extreme difficulty of spending 3 or 4 months in Zambia. But what if you needed to do all of this in order to have Edward or Johannah? Would it be worth it then? Would it be possible to find a financial solution? Maybe it's not worth it for your dream, but is it worth it for your child?

I'm not trying to tell you what the answer to those questions are, and I'm sure you know that everyone will support you no matter what happens. I'm also sure that this has been a dream of yours for a reason. For one reason or another, God put a desire to adopt on your heart. Maybe it's not meant for you, but to inspire someone who knows you? Who knows? I just know it's there for a reason. I don't know if that's helpful either; but for what it's worth, your desire to adopt is part of a plan, and if that plan includes becoming an adoptive mom yourself, then it will happen.